The Board of Supervisors of Lower Alsace Township has amended the existing Rental Ordinances for the purpose of updating the Rental Licensing Program. Lower Alsace Township has partnered with PROCHAMPS.com to administer the Rental Registration & Licensing Program. Please know that all registrations and payments should be submitted directly to PROCHAMPS.com.
In order to comply with the rental registration and licensing ordinances, all owners of rental units must register/license all unit(s) online via PROCHAMPS.com and pay a registration and inspection fee per unit. Registration is required annually and inspections are required every two years. The Township will reach out to you to schedule your inspection after your registration and inspection fees are paid. If there is a lease, owners must also submit a completed Crime Free Addendum, which must be signed by both the owner and the tenant. A blank Crime Free Addendum can be downloaded and submitted when you login and register your unit(s) with PROCHAMPS.com. If occupants change, it is the duty of the owner to update the occupant information contained in the registration and submit a new Crime Free Addendum to PROCHAMPS.com.
As with the township’s prior rental progarm, whether there is or is not a lease and even if no rent or other consideration is paid, a property occupied by anyone other than the owner is considered to be a rental unit. Also, if you own a property that contains multiple rental units, if a unit within the rental property is temporarily vacant, all units within the building must still be registered. Temporary vacancy does not exclude a unit from being registered or licensed as a rental.
We thank all of our landlords in advance for your prompt compliance and assisting the Township of Lower Alsace in providing a safe and healthy environment for all our residents.
How to Register a Rental Property:
- Go to PROCHAMPS.com and click on the “Property Registration Login” button.
- On the next page, click on the icon that says “Landlord/Rental.”
- You will be brought to a login page. If you are a new user, please click on “Create Account” (located under the login button).
- After submitting your information, the system will send a password to the e-mail address that you provided. Once you receive your password, please repeat steps 1-2 to access the login page. Use your email and password to login.
- Upon logging in, you will be able to search for your Rental property.
- Enter the property address and click “search.” Click on the property address once it populates in the search results. If you have problems locating your property, please contact PROCHAMPS Support, and we will happy to assist.
- On the next page, click on the button that says “Click here to register.” Conversely, if you are needing to let us know that your property is not a rental, click on “Exempt Property.” You will be prompted to enter a note to explain why your property does not meet the definition of rental unit. Any property that is occupied by anyone other than the owner is considered a “rental unit,” even if there is no lease or no rent received.
- Read and Accept the terms and conditions on the popup.
- Enter the number of units that you are registering and choose the rental unit type. Please ensure the information entered is correct, and then click on “Create.” This information will be used to calculate the registration and inspection fees due.
- Complete the information for the landlord and property manager sections. Complete the data required in the Rental Units section. There is an “Edit” button showing for each, which allows you to enter information regarding the unit. The Crime Free Addendum must be uploaded here once completed. Click “Save” once the information is completed for the unit. For “Primary Occupant Name,” enter the name of the primary occupant. For any additional adult occupants, enter the additional names in the “Additional Occupants” field. If there are multiple additional adult occupants, please separate the names with commas. Names of occupants under 18 should not be entered into the registration.
- Once the registration information has been entered, you are ready to pay the registration and inspection fees. Choose your form of payment.
- If paying by check, please print your registration invoice and send it in with your payment.
- If paying by credit card, you will receive a payment confirmation once you submit payment. Credit Card payments will incur a convenience fee.
>> Rental Property Inspection Checklist[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]